Nearly half of all accidents resulting from abrasive wheels happen due to unsafe working practices and operator errors. If you work with abrasive wheels then following strict health and safety practices is paramount to protect both yourself and others from harm.
This Level 2 Abrasive Wheels Awareness Online Course? course will provide learners with an introduction to working safely with abrasive wheels, giving an understanding of the risks and control measures needed to prevent injury and ill-health.
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is suitable for anyone who uses abrasive wheels in their work activities.
The course is particularly relevant for those who use bench grinders, pedestal grinders and angle grinders.?Although the training doesn't cover the use of specialist grinding machines, the health and safety information throughout the course is still applicable.
This course has been written at an introductory level and no pre-requisite training is required. Experience of using abrasive wheels would be advantageous.
This certified online training is ideal for people working in positions such as, but not limited to:
- Builder / Floor Layer / Bricklayer
- Carpenter / Joiner / Fitter
- Site / Project Manager
Aims of the Training Course
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Identify the main types of abrasive wheels and their equipment, and will understand the hazards and risks associated with them.
- Understand the legal requirements placed on manufacturers, employers and employees for the safe use of abrasive wheels.
- Know how to carry out a risk assessment for the safe use of abrasive wheels.
- Be aware of the control measures needed to reduce or eliminate the risks associated with abrasive wheels, including harmful dusts, vibration, noise, fire and electrical risks.
- Understand how to safely handle, store, mount, use, dress and inspect the main types of abrasive wheels.
The online assessment is taken on completion of the training material.?You will be asked 20 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.?You will be able to ?instantly download a?quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
All of our courses are accredited by the CPD Accreditation Office which is a?universally accepted Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accreditation.