Level 3 Food Safety for Catering/Manufacturing (RQF)
Manage food hygiene correctly with this Level 3 Food Safety course.
This course focuses on correct management of Food Safety within the catering, hospitality or food production industries. The course is recommended for all businesses looking to obtain a 5-star food hygiene rating or companies looking to improve their standing in the supply chain.
On completion, candidates have the knowledge and skill to keep the food business hygienic and safe.
Candidates will learn a variety of topics, including the supervisor’s circle of responsibility, key legislation and controlling contamination.
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION COVER?
- the importance of food safety management procedures and complying with the law.
- the role of the supervisor in maintaining food safety
- ensuring that microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards are controlled
- ensuring good temperature control and stock rotation
- the importance of ensuring good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts, training and reporting illness
- ensuring that work areas and equipment are kept clean and safe • ensuring safe waste disposal and pest management
- implementing food safety managment system
How long will this course take?
To complete this qualification learners should expect to undertake a minimum of 20 hours of learning
Assessment and Certification
Learners must complete 45 questions within 90 minutes.
Successful learners will have to demonstrate knowledge and understanding across the qualification syllabus and achieve a pass mark of 66% (30/45).
Learners will receive a Distinction if they achieve a pass mark of 80% (36/45).
We recommend that candidates retake the course every 3 years to refresh their understanding.
Who needs Level 3 Food Safety training?
Supervisors/managers and future supervisors and managers. The training of food handlers is a legal requirement, and the key to profitability and high standards of food safety is to train supervisors and managers and ensure their competency.
This course suits both manufacturing and catering as different exams are provided for each industry.
Looking for a course aimed at food handlers? Try our Level 2 food hygiene course.
Looking for a specialised HACCP course? Try our Level 2 HACCP course.
For group bookings simply complete the form on CONTACT US with details of your request
Please take the time to read our Course Booking Terms and Conditions