A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
• What is First Aid for Mental Health?
• Identifying mental health conditions
• Providing advice and starting a conversation
• Mental health conditions
• Drugs and alcohol
• First Aid for Mental Health action plan
• First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
A range of methods are used, including practical and questioning (open and multiple-choice).
A Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement. It is strongly recommended that the learner attends annual refresher training. The learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.