ADHD is a chronic condition that creates a range of persistent symptoms such as difficulty sustaining
attention, hyperactivity and impulsive behaviour.
The ADHD Awareness course covers the definitions of ADHD, the different types of ADHD and how to recognise some
key signs and symptoms.
Beyond this the ADHD Awareness course will look at some of the possible causes of ADHD, how it is diagnosed and
how it can be treated, including environmental changes, types of therapy and medication that can
The ADHD Awareness course concludes with some advice for people living with or caring for those with ADHD and
provides some practical advice for supporting children, teenagers and adults with the condition.
By the end of this ADHD Awareness course, you will be able to:
- Define the types of ADHD and recognise the numerous symptoms that need to be exhibited
to help with diagnosis.
- Understand that that ADHD is chronic condition that runs from childhood right through to
- State the methods of assessment that lead to diagnosis.
- Identify treatment regimes, from therapy to medical intervention.
- Understand how symptoms can be managed and how an individual with ADHD can be
This ADHD Awareness course will prove useful to anyone who works with or has regular contact with children or adults
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through
the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their
work and personal life.
There are a lot of courses in our health and social care suite that would make great follow ups to this
course and if you are in the adult social care sector then they would all provide valuable additions to
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)