CPD, IIRSM & Gatehouse Awards Approved
Current legislation set out by the Health and Safety at Work Act along with the HSE’s updated code
of practice known as L8, state that companies and building owners have a legal duty to manage
Our interactive training course is aimed at all employers and staff to assist them in identifying the
danger that Legionella poses, as well as covering ways to identify and assess sources of risk from
Legionella on the premises.
It also gives you enough knowledge to get a Legionella control programme off the ground yourself –
or make confident, informed choices when commissioning others to take this on for you.
This course is primarily aimed at building and facilities managers and maintenance professionals that
have nominated responsibilities for water systems.
Lack of training and awareness of Legionella have been shown to be factors in many outbreaks of
legionella. Having adequate training and carrying out appropriate checks can ensure water system
The Basic Legionella Management course is approved by CPD, IIRSM & Gatehouse Awards giving
you peace of mind and delegates increased confidence that the content is accurate and relevant.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through
the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their
work and personal life.
There are a wide range of other health and safety courses available in the eLearning suite that are
relevant to the same industries as these courses.
There are also business skills courses such as Leadership Skills and Developing Teamwork which
could be of value to managers and team leaders that may also have responsibilities for buildings and
- What is Legionella?
- Risk Areas
- Risk Management
- Water System Monitoring
- Cooling System Awareness
By the end of this course, you will:
• Know what Legionnaires’ Disease is, and how it is contracted
• Understand the conditions that promote growth of Legionella bacteria
• Be aware of the history of Legionnaires’ Disease
• Have been presented with facts regarding contagion, distribution and identification of
• Be able to identify risk areas in businesses, workplaces and public areas
• Be able to identify appropriate legislation, responsibilities and consequences to individuals
and organisations of non-compliance
• Know how to manage risk to eliminate and reduce it
• Understand the five key elements of Legionella management
• Understand the importance of record keeping and records required
• Be aware of practical prevention tasks and how to carry them out, including testing and
• Be introduced to risks, prevention, testing, monitoring and water sampling relating
specifically to cooling systems
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)