The Construction Design and Management Regulations cover the management of health, safety and
welfare when carrying out construction projects. Whatever your role in the construction industry
these regulations are there to improve your health and safety.
They are intended to ensure that projects are planned and run effectively and safely right from the
This CDM Awareness course covers the core concepts of the regulations and details the various roles that
are required for a construction project along with the key documents that need to be produced. It
starts with an introduction to CDM, then covers some of the parameters that need to be checked
when a project is being planned. It finishes by detailing a number of example projects that illustrate
how the regulations can be applied.
- CDM Application and Notification
- Duty Holders and Documents
- Duties and Legal Documents
- Example Projects and Summary
By the end of this CDM Awareness course, you will be able to:
- State the relevant legislation and be able to retrieve further guidance.
- Understand the application of CDM regulations and when notification to authorities is
- Identify the duty holders and their relevant duties in regard to the three stages of a project.
- Remember the importance and relevance of legal documentation.
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 40 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)