CPD & IIRSM Approved
This course explores the risk to workers caused by the Covid-19 virus and covers actions that can be
taken by employers and employees to protect themselves and each other as they return to work.
The content of this course is based on the latest information from the UK government and the NHS.
It covers information about the virus, risk assessments and personal safety, along with how to make
changes to the daily work environment to address these risks.
Aimed at employers and employees the Covid-19 Safe Workplaces course is intended to help plan
and implement changes to the workplace and ease the transition back to the workplace for those
returning to a central work location after long periods of remote working.
- The Covid-19 Virus
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment and Personal Safety
- Covid-19 In the Daily Work Environment
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define what the virus is, its symptoms and the response by the body to the virus.
- Explain the risks to workers and how to use risk assessments to create a safer work
- Understand the concept of personal safety and how protecting yourself helps to create a
safer work environment.
This course is aimed at anyone responsible for risk assessment and health and safety in the
workplace. The course can also be useful to those returning to work after working from home, or
starting work during and following the pandemic.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the
modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work
and personal life.
Other health and safety courses that could be useful for those returning to the office or working
from home include Display Screen Equipment, Workplace Health and Safety and Basic Fire Safety
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 30 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)