Over 350 million people in the world are affected by depression.
This online course will raise awareness of depression and how it can be recognised, diagnosed,
classified and treated. It starts by looking at diagnoses before moving on to define the various
types of depression, you’ll also learn about other disorders.
It looks at the causes of depression and the everyday factors which can make it more difficult to
manage effectively. You’ll learn about depression symptoms in adults, teenagers and children and
how to get help. There’ll be information to help you understand how to recognise and psychotic
depression and how it can be treated.
The course also looks at the physical and social effects of depression, including on those living with a
person who is depressed. Depression management techniques and treatments will be covered,
including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Selective serotonin
reuptake inhibitors, Relaxation techniques and Mood management.
Finally, we’ll feature the roles played by diet, exercise and managing work-life balance and lifestyle.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what Depression is and have an understanding of the diagnosis process.
- Recognise the causes and symptoms in adults, children and teenagers.
- Learn the different management techniques used and the support available.
- Recognise the impact of depression on the individual and those around them such as friends and
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)