Effective delegation is an essential skill to learn if you want to be an effective manager. After all, the
best managers don’t strive to be super-heroes.
Instead, they are exceptional at picking good people to do what they need to have done, and then
letting them get on with it.
However delegating effectively can be difficult. It means identifying the right tasks to delegate,
overcoming barriers to delegation and taking the time to delegate properly so that everyone knows
what they’re expected to do and by when.
When it’s done right the benefits are numerous and improve the working lives of everyone involved
from the managers to the staff and it has wide ranging benefits to the organisation as a whole.
This course will start with the essentials – defining exactly what we mean by delegation and why it’s
so important. It then goes into details about, the elements of delegation, overcoming the barriers to
delegation, how you can choose which tasks to delegate and who to the process of delegation and
- What is delegation, and why is it so important?
- Elements of delegation
- The benefits of delegation
- Overcoming the barriers to delegation
- Choosing what to delegate
- Who you should delegate to
- The process of delegation
- Completion, follow-up and evaluation
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 110 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)