Candidates will learn a variety of fire safety topics. These include key legislation, how to prevent fires as well as hands-on fire extinguisher practice.
The full course content is:
- Possible causes of fire in the workplace
- Fire hazards in the workplace
- Fire safety risk: managing, controlling and identifying risks
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- In the event of a fire
- Safe operating procedures for portable firefighting equipment
- Fire equipment checks
- Hands-on fire extinguisher practice session
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will receive a course booklet to assist them throughout the course. At the end of the course, candidates will undertake a multiple-choice exam paper to test their understanding.
Successful candidates will receive their an accredited certification shortly after attending.
This qualification is valid for life, however we recommend that candidates retake this course at least every 3 years. This will help to refresh their understanding & is a chance to receive the latest updates.
Who needs fire safety training?
This course is ideally suited to those managing fire safety within a working environment. Therefore, fire marshal training is aimed at managers, supervisors, team leaders and fire marshals/fire wardens.
The course assumes no prior knowledge which therefore means those looking to begin their journey into managing fire safety can still attend.