IIRSM & CPD Approved
Infection prevention and control measures aim to ensure the protection of those who might be
vulnerable to acquiring an infection…. Ok but why is this important?
Well every year at least 300,000 people develop a Health Care Associated Infection. This has a huge
impact on the patient, the staff and the institution it occurs in. Whereas if there is good infection
prevention and control, patients will have better health and more independence.
This course will start by defining infection prevention and control and explaining the impact of good
and bad infection control. It then goes into detail about, the legislation that applies to infection
control, the different types of microorganisms, how bacteria are transmitted, the chain of infection,
and much more.
- Infection prevention and control and the impact of infection
- The different micro-organisms
- How bacteria are transmitted
- The Chain of Infection
- The control and prevention of infection
- Cleaning and decontamination
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)