Candidates will be introduced to a range of topics during the course. These include filling risk assessments, responsibilities within the workplace as well as personal protective equipment. The full course content is:
- An introduction to health and safety
- Dealing with slips, trips and falls
- Health and safety legislation
- Completing and Implementing a risk assessment
- Dealing with hazardous substances
- Personal protective equipment
- Design and layout of the workplace
- Safe use of vehicles in the workplace
- Fire safety requirements
- First aid requirements
- Occupational health
- Dealing with noise and vibration
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Manual handling
- Working at heights
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will receive a course booklet to assist them throughout the day. Candidates will undertake a 45 minute multiple choice exam paper to test their understanding at the end of the day.
Successful candidates will receive an accredited Qualifications shortly after completing the training.
We recommend renewing the qualification every three years to stay up to date with the latest procedures and legislation.
Who needs the Level 2 Health and Safety training course?
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 states that employers must provide adequate training, instruction and supervision to ensure the safety of their employees.
This course covers the basic elements of health and safety in the workplace which makes it an excellent introduction for any employee. In addition, more specific tasks such as safe manual handling and working at heights are addressed during this course.