Candidates will learn a variety of topics. These include the supervisor’s circle of responsibility, key legislation and controlling contamination.
The full course content is:
- An introduction to food safety
- The role of the supervisor
- Contamination hazards and controls
- Food safety procedures
- Food safety legislation
- Storage and temperature controls
- Foodborne illnesses
- The importance of personal hygiene
- The design and construction of food premises
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Waste disposal
- Pest control
- Supervising food safety
- Food management systems (including HACCP)
- Training staff
Assessment and Certification
Candidates will receive a course booklet to assist them throughout the course.
Candidates will undertake a multiple-choice question paper to test their understanding. Successful candidates will receive their certificate, accredited through Highfield Qualifications, shortly after the training day.
We recommend that candidates retake the course every 3 years to refresh their understanding.
Who needs level 3 food safety training?
The content of the level 3 food safety course is aimed at those who are responsible for managing food safety, which includes managers, team leaders and supervisors.
Businesses that should consider level 3 food safety training include:
- Food & Drink Manufacturing Plants
This course suits both manufacturing and catering as different exams are provided for each industry.