The Paediatric First Aid will take two days to complete, as the qualification requires a minimum of 12 classroom contact hours.
Meet the Childcare Regulations – This Paediatric First Aid course provides compliance with regulations and rules set by:
- The Department of Education
- Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Local Education Authorities
- The Childcare Register
Who needs this Paediatric First Aid training?
Emergency Paediatric First aid is great for newly qualified Early Years staff, or anyone working with children or infants, such as:
Note: Emergency First Aid at Work and First Aid at Work courses generally only cover the First Aid treatment of adults, and are not suitable for the First Aid treatments for infants and children.
Paediatric First Aid Syllabus
A range of subjects are covered within this course, both practical and thoeretical, including;
- The roles and responsibilities of the Paediatric First Aider
- Provision Considerations for First Aid Equipment
- Incident Reporting
- Assessing the Scene, Primary and Secondary Surveys (assessing the incident)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of the Recovery Position
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Dealing with a Choking Casualty and Abdominal Thrusts
- Treatment of Wounds
- Recognising and Treating Shock
Following the successful completion of all aspects of the assessment for the paediatric first aid course, each candidate will receive a certificate, nationally accredited.
Certificates are valid for 3 years, after the course must be retaken to retain appropriate qualification. For further information, see the Qualification Specification.
Candidates are assessed during each practical activity for example, bandaging, CPR, Recovery Position etc. At the end of the course candidates will complete a multiple choice question paper.
To qualify each candidate must successfully complete both assessment elements.
In-House / On-site courses
If you have several employees that you wish to train why not consider an onsite course. Arko Training are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements. We currently deliver courses for many national companies throughout the UK . To learn more why not simply complete the Request a Quote form. Prices are for a maximum of 12 delegates per instructor.