In the last decade the threats to our society have multiplied and evolved in many ways. Terrorist
organisations have transferred their fight from Iraq and Afghanistan to our back garden, Europe –
and we have seen the damage that a small number of determined individuals can do.
This Lockdown Procedure in Schools course will start by introducing the role of the lockdown officer then discuss some of the likely
reasons for a lockdown, go over some of the steps you can take to prepare your school for lockdown
as well as what to do in the event of a lockdown taking place.
The course is aimed at teachers, school administrators and support staff. It gives them an overview
of what to expect and how to act in a lockdown situation and is intended to inform and prepare staff
rather than alarm them.
- Introduction and the Lockdown Officer
- Reasons for Lockdowns
- The Lockdown Signal and the all Clear Signal
- Suitable Rooms for Lockdown
- Communication Arrangements
- Possible Terminology
- Violent Intruder Lockdown
- Possible Threat or Danger
- Staff Lockdown Responsibilities
- Home Office Police Requirements
- Simple Measures and Where to Seek Help
Being prepared and knowing how to handle an emergency situation can be invaluable as it means
that proactive positive action can be taken to protect yourself and others in your care.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost effective meaning the candidate can progress through
the modules at their own pace and in their own time, so they can fit the training in around their
work and personal life.
Other courses that complement this one include Prevent Duty, Positive Handling in Schools and
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)