Our Managing Food Safety training covers topics such as foodborne illnesses, food safety hazards, risk assessment and management, and food safety regulations.
Students who undertake the training will learn how to develop and implement food safety management systems, conduct food safety audits, and ensure that their organizations comply with food safety legislation and standards. Successful completion of the course demonstrates a high level of competency in food safety management and provides learners with a valuable qualification for career advancement in the food industry. It is ideal for individuals wishing to progress from the “Level 3 Award in Supervising Food Safety“.
Who is the Managing Food Safety course for?
The Level 4 Managing Food Safety course is designed for catering supervisors, managers, and senior hygiene personnel who have responsibilities for managing food safety in their workplace. It is also suitable for owners or managers of small to medium-sized catering businesses and anyone involved in the management of food safety in a catering environment. Holding a Level 4 Food Safety qualification demonstrates a high level of knowledge and expertise in catering operations and the ability to implement effective food safety management systems to prevent issues and protect public health.
Key course Topics
- An introduction to food safety
- Foodborne diseases and food poisoning
- Food contamination and control
- Safe storage and temperature control
- Food spoilage and preservation
- The management of personal hygiene for food handlers
- The design and construction of a food premises and equipment
- Cleaning and disinfections methods
- Integrated pest control (IPM)
- Food safety management systems and HACCP (PRPs and 12 codex steps)
- Essential auditing skills
- The role and responsibilities of the manager
- Implementing and maintaining a positive food culture
- Food safety legislation in the UK and EU
The Course Assessment
This qualification is assessed through a two-part examination.
- Part one is a 30-question multiple-choice examination.
- Part two is a written examination were learners must complete 4 questions (all must be completed)
The candidate must achieve a total of at least 50 marks out of 100 across the two parts of the exam. A Merit will be awarded at 60/100 and a Distinction will be awarded at 70/100. The duration of the examination is 2 ½ hours.
A Highfield accredited (RQF) level 4 certificate in food safety management is awarded upon passing the examination
In-House / On-site courses
If you have several employees that you wish to train why not consider an onsite course. Arko Training are able to provide training at your premises, at a time and date to suit your requirements. We currently deliver courses for many national companies throughout the UK . To learn more why not simply complete the Request a Quote form. Prices are for a maximum of 12 delegates per instructor.