Positive Handling is a very serious subject. Knowing when and how to act in a difficult situation can
be the difference between a positive outcome and a potentially career ending prosecution.
This course will start by looking at some examples and statistics which highlight the seriousness and
extent of aggressive pupil behaviour, it will then go on to explain how you can identify the stages of
aggression and provide some tips on how you could de-escalate a pupil before they lash out. It also
looks at where the law stands on this subject and finally best practice in theory if you ever do need
to restrain a pupil.
- A Serious Business
- The Aggression Curve
- The SCARF Model
- Government Advice and Guidance
- Making decisions: Duty of Care
- The Law
- Physical Intervention and Restraint
- Screening, Searching and Confiscation
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 100 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions)