CPD, IIRSM & Gatehouse Awards Approved
This course is aimed at anyone who undertakes work at height, or who employs people who
regularly work at height.
The term work at height applies to a wide range of situations ranging from the obvious ones like
working on platforms, ladders, scaffolds or stages to working alongside deep trenches. This is
because the crucial thing to understand about work at height is that it’s not how far you climb, but
how far you can fall. ‘Falls’ doesn’t just mean people falling from heights. If materials or equipment
fall, that will obviously present an equally dangerous hazard to anyone below.
All working at height situations are covered by health and safety legislation. Chief among these is the
Work at Height Regulations 2005. These regulations confer legal duties on employers and employees
to assess, control and minimise risks and hazards from work at height.
This course covers topics including the dangers of working at height, the regulations, the hierarchy of
controls, assessing risk and much more.
It’s vital to understand all this because as I’m sure you’ll know, working at height can be extremely
Please note that this is an awareness course only, if your duties include working at height you will
also need further practical training, you can get in touch with us to arrange this.
- Introducing Work at Height
- The Dangers of Work at Height
- The Work at Height Regulations
- Summary of Duty Holder’s Responsibilities
- Employer’s Responsibilities
- The Hierarchy of Control
- Avoiding Work at Height Wherever Possible
- Prevent Risk of Falls
- Minimise Consequences
- The Risk Assessment
- Summary and Assessment
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify legal duties of employers and employees.
- Assess the risks of working at height.
- Look at controls and measures that can be put in place to minimise those risks.
- Identify correct procedures and the regulations covering them including Working at Height
- Identify the use of suitable equipment.
Recommended System Requirements
• Browser: Up to date web browser
• Video: Up to date video drivers
• Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
• Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 105 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).